Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Showers bring May flowers.


Though April Showers may come your way, they bring the flowers that bloom in May,
So if it's raining have no regrets; it isn't raining rain you know, it's raining violets...

Al Jolsen, April Showers


How true this poem rings, especial in the region where I live. It feels like it rains almost everyday. As I work in childcare, going outside is a MUST for the health and well-being of the children and teachers. But when it's soggy and wet outside it means 15 minutes putting on rain gear and 25 minutes taking them off and possibly changing into dry clothes. But then I have to remember, it is the rain that we are blessed with which makes the Northwest region so pretty and green. Spring out here is so beautiful with it's variety of colors and blooms. So yes, Al Jolsen, it is not just raining water (the very life source of all things living), it is raining violets, pansies, roses, tulips, daffodils, daisies, lilies and more!


No comments:


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators