Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Book Review: Mr. Monk on the Road




I really enjoyed this story in the Monk series, "Mr. Monk on the Road." It started off as usual with Monk being involved and solving a murder then it moved on to the subject in the title, him getting his brother out of his house and hitting the road in an RV camper. At first, everything seemed random, the way he kept finding murders and trying to get involved with each case. Notice I said TRYING, with Teeger by his side, she kept him focused on their mission, to show his brother, Ambrose, the world with out stepping foot outside the comfort and safety of his 'home' aka, the RV camper. I kept wondering what the end would hold for me as I am use to Monk stories being about a particular quest to solve a particular murder mystery with lots of yummy mysteries in between. I was floored at the end of the book. It was everything I hoped it to be. Mysteries solved! This story is all about making sacrifices and facing fears, something Teeger and the Monk brothers have to overcome.


* * * * * stars all the way!!!!!! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you enjoyed it! I love the Monk television series and have been wanting to read this book! So far, I've read Mr. Monk is Miserable, Mr. Monk and the Dirty Cop, Mr. Monk in Outer Space, and Mr. Monk Goes to Germany. :)

Alice @ Alice in Readerland


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators