Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Picture Prompt: Rear View Mirror


He said he'd never let me leave, holding my throat in the grip of his rage.

He said I'd never make it out the door.

He said I was stupid, worthless and could never make it on my own.

He said I needed him to live, to survive.

He said many things that night.

But he lied.

My throat has healed and all I see now is my shackled past in the rear view mirror.

1 comment:

Fida Islaih said...

Thanks for the prompt Sis Saba! I'm finally getting my poetry instincts back :-)


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators