Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (2)

From the chapters of "The Protected Bloodlines."


“What is it?” Uma asked.


“It is the decayed remains of a changeling who dies outside of the changeling pool.” Shumee said.


As the men flashed their lights, something caught her eyes. It was metallic. Uma used the end of a riffle to separate the object from the decayed remains. When the object was finally free, Uma gasped, dropping her flashlight. It was a medallion, the same medallion she saw on the female changeling earlier that day in the food court. She held her hands to her face.


“This can’t be, I just saw her today. She even spoke to me.”


“She spoke to you?” Shumee repeated.


“Well, sort of. She was leaving with a group of other changelings. She stopped at the door and mouthed something to me.”


“What did she say?” Gronos asked.


Uma pressed her fingers against her temples to help her think and remember.
“She said: be careful of the marked ones, they are your enemies,” she said looking up at Gronos. “At the time, I did not know what it meant, but now, I think she may have been warning me about something.”


Tajeej looked at Gronos, “I think it is time to tell them brother.”


Everyone looked at Gronos for him to explain.


“I had hoped this day would not come, but it seems the prophecy is destined to be fulfilled,” Gronos said. “I will explain everything, but please let us first give this poor Mat’hool a proper burial.”



Gronos ordered Aidil and his security team to gather the remains and wrap them in a ceremonial cloth to be taken back to Sumatra.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I love the mystery and suspense this invokes! Already I want to know more about this world and the changelings. Great job!

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thanks Heather! :)

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Ooh! Another great snippet. You and your teasers! I want more :)

Unknown said...

Cool excerpt, keep 'em coming!

Karen Strong said...

I'm liking your teasers. Seems like Uma is in danger. Wonder why and who is the dangerous one...good stuff! :)

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Hehe Thanks Susanna!

LOL Thank you Karen. Seems like Uma is always in danger ;)

Thank you Damyanti!


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators