Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

I got this fun idea over at Heather's official author blog. I will share a small piece of one of my completed stories or one that I am working on. :)

So this first little teaser is from my second NaNoWriMo novel which is a continuation of the first one. The working title is called, "The Protected Bloodlines."


“I am sorry Saydi. This hatch is sealed much tighter than I thought,” Tajeej said to Shumee.
“I want this hatch opened. Blow it off if you have to,” he said firmly.
“Um, is that wise,” Unis asked, “a blast could weaken the integrity of the bulkheads.”
“I will use the lowest setting on my blast gun,” Tajeej said. 
He warned the others to back away from the hatch. When they were at a far enough distance from the blast site, Tajeej let off a series of blasts from his gun.
At first, a protective shield absorbed the energy blast from the gun. Tajeej increased the intensity of the blast, after several minutes of the high energy, the shield exploded and the hatch blew off. When the smoke cleared the men crawled through the hatch.
The tube led to a small, dark octagon shaped room. A peculiar smell filled the room. Without warning, Tajeej, Unis, Baseet and Gronos began coughing and gasping for air. Shumee shined a light around the room. In the middle of the room was a pile of a thick pasty substance. Shumee’s face grew pale and solemn.
“Wake up Shayhu, there has been a murder on the Hablas.” 


This second teaser is from a novel I am currently reading....."Medusa," by Clive Cussler.
"This is so much better than Nessie. The medusae are among the most fascinating and complex animals on the face of the earth or under the sea. Look at that school of fish lit up like the Las Vegas Strip ... lantern fish ... Hey," Kane said, "what was that?"
"You see a mermaid, Doc?" Zavala asked.
Kane pressed his face against the porthole. "I'm not sure what I saw," he said, "but I know it was big." 
 
 

5 comments:

Heather said...

The Protected Bloodlines sounds excellent! It left me wanting to read more, which is perfect! I hope you're still working on that one because I'd love to see it in print some day.

Oh yeah, and Clive's was decent too. ;)

Karen Strong said...

I love that you write science fiction! :) That was a good teaser. Always gotta love it when someone gets killed. LOL.

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thanks Heather! I'm still working on this story and the one before it. One day, I hope, one day! :)

LoL! Thanks Karen! Yes, nothing grabs a readers attention like a good ole murder!

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Great teasers! Thanks for sharing. Are you going to do this every week? Will we get to find out what happens next? :)

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thank you Susanna! Yes, I am planning on making this a weekly post. Hehehe, I will definitely post more from the story as well as other stories I'm working on :)


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators