Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (9)

Time for another teaser Tuesday from my story: The Protected Bloodlines :) Enjoy!
******************************************************
Batu opened the door and the lights came on. A man sat in the center of the room on a crate with his back to the door. He continued to sing, his hands and arms moving slowly around an object. Batu could not see what it was nor did he recognize the person, so, he approached him slowly. When Batu got close enough to reach out and grab the unsuspecting man's shoulder, he turned around and stared Batu straight in the face. It was Zanthar, one of the people Shayhu rescued from the dark void. In his hands he held a piece of metal. The metal was almost like a ball of hot, red clay, assuming forms of his choice. Zanthar smiled at Batu and continued shaping his metal and singing, his eyes completely white. He finally finished and handed the object to Batu. Batu passed the object around in his hands and even tried to bend and mash it in his massive hands, but it was solid and shiny as metal and cold as the room they sat in, nothing like what he saw only seconds ago.
“How did you do that?” Batu asked his eyes lit up as they peered into Zanthar’s face. But Zanthar looked passed him, his eyes wandering, never locking with Batu's. He was blind. Zanthar grinned and leaned toward Batu.
“I will tell you my secret if you do me a favor first,” he said. Zanthar reached his hand out in front of him, searching for Batu’s hand. Batu grabbed hold of him and helped him down off of the container.
“Sure, what do you need help with?” Batu asked. He could not possibly need help getting down off the container, after all, he got up there on his on.
“Will you take me to see my sister?” he asked, “I have been confined for far too long now and have lost my sight.”
Batu had to restrain a chuckle. Lucky for him, Zanthar could not see his amused  and shocked expression. He had never heard of a person losing his sight because he was confined. But he agreed to help Zanthar find his sister, Zuri. 

No comments:


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators