Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Friday, October 31, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014


As I sit here waiting for the hours to tick away to begin NaNoWriMo, I wonder how I will fit this challenge along with PiBoIdMo (another fun writing challenge for picture book  writers), work (why does teacher-parent conferences HAVE to be in November?)and then of course Thanksgiving, with all the cooking and entertaining family (my dad and step-mom insist on coming here for Thanksgiving to check out my new living space.) Can someone please add a few extra hours in the day, pleeeeaaase! It only has to be for the month of November!

So how WILL I fit everything in this month? Plot and Planning, of course.

First off, EVERYONE in the house knows I'm participating in the challenges and have accepted the responsibility of grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning for the month of November.

Second, I have sketched a writing schedule for myself (in stone but it is flexible if I find some time outside of it to write) so do NOT bother me (unless the house is on fire) during that/those times.

Third, I have secured a spot on our brand new dining table as my place of writing. NO ONE is allowed to be in my spot during writing time.

Fourth, absolutely NO distractions. If I don't answer you, do NOT come looking for me to see if I heard you. Most like not because I will be wearing head phones to block out noise and distractions.

Fifth, if everyone abides by the rules, I will write them into my novel as good guys/gals. If not, well, you all know where I am going with this :D

In #NaNoWrimo, the object is to write 50,000 words in 30 days. If I write 1,667 words a day, that will get me to the winners line. But My goal is to write at least 2,000-2,500 words a day, that way, on Thanksgiving day I wont have to ignore my dad. I also hope to write outside my normal genre which is children's fiction and science fiction.

So what are your writing goals for the month of November?


1 comment:

Fida Islaih said...

In staying within my genre and writing poetry. Thanks for sharing!


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators